Refuge "Le Furet"
Distance des pistes
Ski - In / ski -Out
- 1 Bathroom(s)
- 6 Bedroom(s)
Situated in the mountains at an altitude of 1800m, which makes for a fabulous panoramic view. Animals and plants thrive in the unspoiled environment, and the sunny climate is extremely pleasant. Although the mountain hostel is a hundred years old, its comfortable simplicity makes it very popular. You can set out on mid- or high-mountain hikes directly from the refuge.
Facilities at the refuge
- Kitchen with electric hotplates, wood-burning stove, fridge, crockery
- 22-seater dining room
- Two 4-bed rooms
- One 2-bed room
- One 6-bed dormitory
- Two 3-bed dormitories
- Washroom with WC, washbasin and shower. There is no running hot water in Winter.
Food store in the square by the gondola lift.
Midday meals available at the restaurant de la Creusaz (open in Summer and Winter)
- By car: MARTIGNY motorway exit, then follow signs for SALVAN/LES MARECOTTES, as far as the car park by the gondola lift (Télémarécottes).
- By train: take the Mont-Blanc Express from Martigny or Saint-Gervais/Chamonix (France) to Les Marécottes. For timetable, see: www.sbb.ch/en
- In summer: take the gondola lift from Les Marécottes, and there is then a 10-minute walk to the refuge. A permit to use a motor vehicle between Les Marécottes/La Creusaz can be obtained from the Salvan municipal office, +41 (0)27 761 71 15.
- In winter: the refuge is next to the piste, a feature much appreciated by winter sports fans. Take the gondola lift from Les Marécottes, and there is then a 10-minute walk to the refuge.
Refuge Le Furet
1923 Les Marécottes
+41 79 330 14 11