Les Granges (Salvan)
The Dailley Gorge provides an extraordinary walk in a setting that is wild yet easily accessible.
The route through the gorge, which has been superbly renovated, passes through magnificent pine forests and takes you from Les Granges to Van d'en Bas using features that require a degree of daring, such as footbridges, tunnels and steep flights of steps.
The view is breathtaking! The Salanfe river plunges down the steep gorge in stages from one level to another and, in the distance, the snowy peaks of the Alps rise above the gentle haze in the Rhône Valley. A delight for all romantics. On the hottest days of summer, the coolness of the gorge is particularly welcome.
In these gorges, the perpetual work of the water that shapes the rocks, the freshness and a climate reminiscent of the Mediterranean with its Scots pines will leave a long-lasting impression. It is famous for its unusual wedged rock (le rocher coincé).
RoutesGo through Les Granges, passing in front of the Hôtel Balance, and take the track waymarked with tree species, which is level until you reach the hut belonging to the Amis du Dailley. From there, follow the signs marked "la cascade", cross the bridge and walk uphill along the gorge to Van d’en Bas (meals and refreshments available at the Auberge du Vallon de Van). Return to Les Granges via the Col de la Matze.
TOUR VALLON DE VANOption of extending these two routes by going round the Van Valley from Van d’en Bas. Allow 🕗 1h30 extra.
Distance 5.4 km
Positive elevation 380 m
Negative elevation 380 m
Highest point 1'292 m
Du 04 Nov 2022
au 01 May 2023
watch_later Full reopening to be confirmed
location_on 1922 Les Granges (Salvan)
Location / Access
GPS coordinates :
- A9 motorway, Martigny exit, direction Salvan – Les Marécottes, after crossing Salvan, continue to the entrance to the village of Les Granges following the Gorges du Dailley parking sign.
- Please leave your vehicle in the large parking space at the entrance to the village of Les Granges.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- CFF line to Martigny, then connection with the Mont-Blanc Express - timetables
- In summer, the Vallon de Van bus leaves from the "Les Marais" shopping center in Salvan, serves Les Marécottes (the station and the gondola square) then Les Granges (fork) and the Vallon de Van (Van d'en Bas and Van d'en Haut). - schedule
- Public toilets are available as an extension of the Hôtel Balance on the left of the road on the way to the Gorges du Dailley.
- There is no trash along the way, please respect nature and take your trash with you.